Learn to become a professionally qualified Aromatherapist. Our goal is to help students develop the necessary skills to use essential oils as part of their daily lives, professionally and personally. Our courses provide detailed information that is essential to becoming a trained Aromatherapist. We look at quality of essentials oils and what questions to ask when purchasing. The safe use of essential oils in practice is critical to Aromatherapy and is discussed in detail. You will develop consultation skills that will allow you to choose essential oils and create blends based on your client’s individual’s needs.
Classes are held in person with a creative, hands-on approach to learning. Our class size is kept small to provide the opportunity for the instructor to personally engage with all of her students and to allow students to receive individualized mentoring.
Successful completion of our Aromatherapy programs will prepare students for a broad spectrum of ways to implement essential oils into their career path. These possibilities range from using essential oils to pursue and establish a business as an Aromatherapist providing consultations and treatments, creating and selling products commercially or as a complementary addition in their current practice in the healing arts such as massage therapy, reflexology, aesthetics or nursing.
There are two levels of training available:
- This is a stand alone certification program
- It is also the foundation course for the 425-hour Clinical Aromatherapy Program
Our 425-hour program Clinical Aromatherapy Program recognized by Canadian Federation of Aromatherapists (CFA) offers training in additional essential oils, advanced chemistry, aromatic skin care and aromatherapy massage. Students can opt not to train in aromatherapy massage. See details below.
Aromatherapy Certification Program (ACP)
A 250-hour, comprehensive hands-on training prepares students to become professionally qualified in the therapeutic uses of essential oils. In this course, you will study the therapeutic uses of 50 essential oils and how to safely use them in your business and your personal life. Students learn through an interactive learning approach including a dynamic mix of activities, hands-on blending (you begin blending on the second day of class), discussions and engaging lectures.
What’s included in the Program:
- a comprehensive 300+ page manual filled with information, activities, resources
- the use of over 50 pure, good quality essential oils during class
- access to a self-directed online Anatomy & Physiology class
- each student will make body care products to take home like body butters and lotions, salves, lip balms, bath salts and scrubs, personal inhalers and steam blends, green cleaning products for your home; you’ll create a kit to take when traveling or for your First Aid needs. These products would be valued at over $750 retail!
Anyone may register for this program. There are no prerequisites and no previous Aromatherapy Training
is required. Only the enthusiasm to learn more about using essential oils!
This program runs one weekend per month for 6 months, September 2018 to February 2019.
Class is 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. each day.
ACP Program Fee: $1895.00 (+HST)
A non-refundable deposit of $350.00 is required to reserve your spot in a class.
A payment plan for the balance may be available.
The Aromatherapy Certification Program was established in May, 2000. The program is approved by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), a governing body for international and national standards of education for Aromatherapists. Successful graduates of this program can apply for Level 2: NAHA Certified Professional Aromatherapist (NCPA)® membership with NAHA.
Clinical Aromatherapy Program
This 425-hour program continues after the Aromatherapy Certification Program is successfully completed with Part 2. Students will deepen their knowledge in aromatherapy, essential oils, blending and applications.
What's covered in Part 2:
- additional essential oils and carrier oils to fulfill CFA Core Curriculum listing
- a deeper look into essential oil chemistry: study common chemical components, their structure and therapeutic behaviour and actions
- expansion of blending methods based on chemistry and taxonomy
- Aromatic Applications for Facial Skin Care
- basic skin types and suitable essential oils and carriers
- how to create aromatic products for the skin to develop a facial skin care regime
- how to perform a 60-minute Aromatherapy Massage* that combines various techniques designed to be restorative to the autonomic nervous system
- learn key essential oils and their relationship with our subtle energy
Part 2 is held one weekend per month from March 2019 to August 2019. Dates to be confirmed.
Part 2 Fee: $1080.00 (+HST)
*Part 2 may be taken without Aromatherapy Massage.
Our 425-hour program is recognized by Canadian Federation of Aromatherapist (CFA) and successful graduates are eligible to become professional members through the CFA National Examination process. Professional members receive an official aromatherapy designation CAHP (Certified Aromatherapy Health Professional).
Canadian Federation of Aromatherapists was founded in 1993 is a professional, non-profit organization committed to providing access to professional aromatherapists, who are trained and certified in the use of essential oils.
To gather more information or to register for one of our Aromatherapy programs,
please contact us by email or by phone 905.334.9765.