Reflexology Theory and Techniques
A Foot Reflexology Certification Program
Reflexology is a natural, non-invasive healing art that is based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet as well as hands and ears that correspond to every part of the body. There is virtually a ‘road-map’ of the body on the feet.
In this unique program you will:
- become familiar with the history, theory and benefits of Reflexology.
- recognize the zones of the feet, hands and body
- learn the location of reflex points in the feet, and specific pressure techniques and procedures to effectively work these reflexes on yourself and others
- study anatomy and physiology of all the body systems, and the role Reflexology plays in maintaining optimum functioning of these systems
- study anatomy and common conditions of the feet
- study imbalances that can occur in the human body and how to create a Reflexology session to address those conditions
- learn consultation and communication skills for obtaining appropriate information to support and assist your clients
- be trained in assessing the visual cues on the foot
- learn documentation (health history and session records) for Reflexology sessions
- gain knowledge of aromatherapy and its application in Reflexology
- discuss business development and successful marketing strategies
This program is divided into in-class and independent study. You will spend 35 hours in the classroom learning the theory and techniques of Reflexology through a variety of innovative activities. This is followed by independent study to work on friends and family honing your skills.
A one-on-one review session with the instructor is also offered as part of your training.
- a detailed and comprehensive 100+ page manual
Graduates of this program have gone on to develop successful reflexology practices
within the clinic setting, day spas and long term care facilities.
Our program is approved by RRCO. Upon successful completion of this course,
graduates are eligible to become Registered Reflexology Practitioners (RRPr™)
All requirements for certification including a practical assessment must be completed within 12 months of course date.
Course fee: $895.00 (+HST)
A non-refundable deposit of $150.00 is required to reserve your spot in a class.
A payment plan for the balance may be available. Please contact us directly to discuss a payment plan.
Next session: 2019
Instructor: Chris Carrothers
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Next session, Hamilton location
This session is a combination of all the following Wednesday evenings and Sundays
- Wednesday, September 19 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday, September 23 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 26 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 3rd 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 10th 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 17th 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 21 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 28 10:30a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Instructor: Karyn Lambert
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
This one day workshop will offer an introduction to the theory and practice of working the hands. Similar to the feet, the hands have reflex points that reflect all the parts of the body. The student will be able to perform a 15-30 minute session upon completion of this course.
Hand reflexology is deeply relaxing as well as therapeutic and can be used alone or in conjunction with foot reflexology or any other complementary health session or as an "add-on" service for aesthetic services like manicures, facials or body wraps. The convenience of Hand Reflexology also makes an efficient way to do self treatments in cases of headaches, migraines, digestive upsets, colds and sinus congestion.
This class is suitable for Certified Foot Reflexologists or students who have completed Basic Foot Reflexology. A detailed handbook is provided.
A Certificate of Attendance is provided for this workshop.
Workshop fee: $135.00 (+HST)